CENTER FOR TRANSPORTATION AND THE ENVIRONMENT in Atlanta, Georgia
Managing Consultant – Automated Vehicle Specialist (November 2018-Present)
- Emerging Vehicle Technologies: Guides the development of advanced vehicle technologies, including the engineering and deployment of the first automated transit buses in North America, and a large integration of state-of-the-art camera-based driver assistance systems on transit buses.
- Transportation Policy: Supports federal policy research and legislative initiatives, including a project to coordinate industry stakeholders to source research and innovation policy recommendations for the Federal Transit Administration, and separately, working with Congressional staff to develop new programs in support of transit vehicle technology development.
- Fleet Electrification: Manages heavy-duty electric vehicle and infrastructure deployments, and transit vehicle fleet transition planning projects.
CITY OF PEACHTREE CORNERS in Peachtree Corners, Georgia
Independent Consultant (August 2018-October 2018)
- Customer Discovery: Engaged with more than forty Fortune 500 companies, transportation technology startups, and public sector interests to inform design and programming for the city’s planned $2M automated vehicle test track in Technology Park Atlanta.
GEORGIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY in Atlanta, Georgia
Research Assistant, Civil and Environmental Engineering (August 2017-September 2018)
- Emerging Technology Planning: Developed an automated vehicle technology roadmap for a state transportation agency as part of a fully-funded research assistantship.
THE ENTERPRISE INNOVATION INSTITUTE in Atlanta, Georgia
Intern, Science, Technology and Innovation Program (June 2017-August 2017)
- Thought Leadership: Researched connected and automated vehicle technologies to develop an implementation case and deployment roadmap for the Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority (MARTA). This project culminated in a presentation of my research and findings to economic development and urban planning professionals in Georgia.
ACCENTURE in Atlanta, Georgia
Accenture Management Consulting (March 2012-July 2016)
Change Management Lead
- Post-Merger Integration: Deployed an end to end strategy for aligning telecommunications client’s customer data management systems as part of a yearlong migration that impacted more than 3000 employees globally.
Procurement Operations Consultant
- Team Leadership: Managed two analysts and three Accenture enterprise teams through cradle-to-grave procurement on a $300+ million cloud architecture implementation and managed service program for a federal client.
- Business Development: Coordinated multiple engineering and subcontracting teams, syncing their disparate objectives to itemize a three-year IT architecture plan. The resulting pricing deliverable for an Operations and Maintenance proposal won the program a $150 million award.
- Vendor Negotiation: Leveraged strong vendor relationships to overcome both budgetary and operational challenges stemming from a much-needed software upgrade, and then negotiated a deal that saved the program more than $1.5 million while meeting all technical requirements.
Training and Change Management Analyst
- Project Management: Took control of a project on the verge of missing a key deadline that would have delayed the program’s deployment schedule by up to two months, and rescued it before incurring any costly setbacks.
- Subject-Matter Expertise: Demonstrated a mastery of both SAP Supplier Relationship Management functionality and the client’s procurement process by leading three consecutive weeks of training to over 40 change-resistant end users.
THE AMERICAN ENTERPRISE INSTITUTE in Washington, DC
Intern for Frederick Kagan, Director, AEI Critical Threats Project (May 2010-August 2010)
- Strategic Analysis: Synthesized data from hundreds of local, regional and international news and government sources to map jihadist networks and conflicts for publications on conflicts in Somalia and Yemen.
- “Al Shabaab Leadership Profiles,” American Enterprise Institute, November 14, 2011
- “Somalia’s Second Islamist Threat: A Backgrounder on Hizb al Islam,”American Enterprise Institute,October 8, 2010
Accenture Management Consulting Development Program
National Communications Lead (September 2013-November 2014)
- Directed a network of 12 regional leads to increase community engagement from more than 500 management consulting analysts across North America, by helping the leads develop strategies to boost participation in service activities, training workshops, and networking events.
GEORGIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY in Atlanta, Georgia (August 2018)
Master of City and Regional Planning
Overall GPA: 3.89/4.00
GRE: Verbal – 164/170, Quant – 162/170, Writing – 5.5/6
Activities: Membership Chair, Young Professionals in Transportation – Atlanta Chapter
Honors & Awards: February 2017 MARTA “Smart Cities & IoT” Hackathon – 1st place
VANDERBILT UNIVERSITY in Nashville, Tennessee (May 2011)
Bachelor of Arts in Middle Eastern Studies & Political Science
Overall GPA: 3.50/4.00; Honors: Dean’s List 2008, 2010, 2011
THE AMERICAN UNIVERSITY IN CAIRO in Cairo, Egypt (Fall 2009)
ArcMap GIS, R, SQL, SPSS, Adobe InDesign CS